During our recent visit to Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, USA, for robotic pancreatic surgery, we had the opportunity to meet legendary Prof John L Cameron (https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/hopkins_medicine_magazine/features/spring-summer-2017/the-cameron-factor). During a very lively and informative interaction, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that he was very well informed about India and had also visited as a tourist many places including Varanasi.
cancer of pancreas
To summarize, NT has emerged as a promising option that offers possibility of curative surgery (R0) for patients with BRPC / LAPC, many of whom can even have long term survival.
- Kaufmann B, Hartmann D, D’Haese JG et al. Neoadjuvant treatment for borderline resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Dig Surg. 2018. DOI:10.1159/000493466
- 2.Jin H, Blair AB, Groot VP et al. Is a pathological complete response following neoadjuvant chemoradiation associated with prolonged survival in patients with pancreatic cancer? Ann Surg. 2018;268(1):1-8
- 3. Michelakos T, Pergolini I, Castillo CF et al. Predictors of resectability and survival in patients with borderline and locally advanced pancreatic cancer who underwent neoadjuvant treatment with FOLFIRINOX. Ann Surg. 2019;269(4):733-740
- Truty MJ, Kendrick ML, Nagorney DM et al. Factors predicting response, preoperative outcomes and survival following total neoadjuvant therapy for borderline / locally advanced pancreatic cancer. Ann Surg. 2019. DOI:10.1097/SLA.0000000000003284
cancer of pancreas
- Murphy JE, Wo JY, Ryan DP et al. Total neoadjuvant therapywith FOLFIRINOX in combination
with losartan followed by chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced pancreatic cancer: A phase 2
trial. JAMA Oncol. 2019. DOI: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2019.0892
Dr Nitin Vashistha, MS, FIAGES, FACS
Dr Dinesh Singhal, MS, FACS, DNB (Surg Gastro)
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology,
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, India
E mail: email@example.com